We are a food blog based on whole food, seasonal recipes and the stories, travels, and wellness wisdom that go along with them.
Food is our most powerful medicine, but strict dietary dogmas don’t really do it for me. I have a very flexible philosophy around food and health:
- Eat food as close to it’s natural state as possible (I much prefer a tomato over a tomato flavored potato chip)
- Eat as many plant foods as you can (40 different plants per week, can you do it??)
- Eat what’s in season
- Buy local, organic whenever possible
- Animal protein is a great side dish and veggies are a great main course
- Share your food with loved ones
- Play in the kitchen, make mistakes, and move on
- Sing while you cook and maybe throw in a jazz hand from time to time
- and always – always – always leave room for chocolate. Because…chocolate.